Sunday 11 July 2010

Time Out

I've been working hard. Or trying to anyway.
I had some of my writing published and it's inpired me to do more. I've been looking into courses and I'm hoping to get my life back on track. I can't keep going in this direction with the job I'm doing. I don't enjoy it and it doesn't even pay that well so really I'm wasting time and energy on something I don't care about.
I haven't been going out much. I've managed to cut out a lot of the drinking. Last night I went into town and after two glasses of wine I felt sick and wanted to go home. I think moving back to the country and taking some time out has helped me massively. Even though it's isolated, I don't feel pressure like I used to. It's easy to switch off and forget about what other people are doing and what I may be missing out on and I realise that I don't even mind if I'm missing out on things. It doesn't drive me mad like it used to, like a spoilt little child.
Today I woke up in my friend L's bed and her flatmate came in and I got up and ready and came home. I lounged in bed all afternoon and I'm going to cook dinner for my parents and then go to the movies. It's weird actually having a weekend and being able to do things. For the past 5 years every Saturday and Sunday has been spent nursing a horrible hangover that would last until Monday.
I watched the Disney movie 'Up' before as well. It was so poignant. It made me cry.

No comments: