Saturday 26 May 2007

Saturday

I went out last night and I really tried to not get myself in my usual state and I think I may have actually done alright. Instead of a bottle in the first hour, I only had TWO glasses of wine. Then I had about six single vodkas and nothing else. Rather than ten vodkas and two or three shots of some other ghastly spirit. AND I drank a glass of water at the beginning and the end of the night. I actually woke up this morning not feeling too worried and remembering most of it, no blanks like last week. And I don't feel ill or anything. Result. Let's just see how long I can keep this up though. It's just habit to keep drinking. I smoked more than usual. I was by no means sober, but I'm taking little steps to a big change and all that.
So today may not be written off like all my Saturdays for the past six years. I think we're going to go food shopping seen as the cupboards are bare. He's cutting the grass at the moment and then there's a book signing I want to go to. Saturdays are sort of alien to me, I always spend them in bed, so it feels good to be up and about before noon- well it's actually ten past twelve- but you get the idea. I'm actually kind of excited...

No comments: