Saturday 9 January 2010

2010

Happy New Year....!
I had an unusually good Christmas this year. If it wasn't for this ridiculous snow I suppose it would have been even better as I have been unbelievably hindered by it - no high heels, no trips to the parents for tea (I have actually had to cook for myself) and no easy way around. In short I have been stuck and now it is a Friday night and I am in bed at midnight.
I shouldn't moan though as I'm actually quite grateful for it.
Over the Christmas period all of the nights out blurred into one. On all of them I was drunk. I sang with friends. I danced with strangers. I kissed a boy who was very tall with dark hair and had one of the most interesting sense of humors I have ever come across. He walked me home and we swapped numbers by my doorway before I went inside. He called me straight away, drunk and staggering home in the snow. Now he's off the radar and I doubt I will see him again.
At least I didn't let him come inside.
New Years Eve and I did shots, I drank Champagne and wine and kissed my friends at midnight. None of us could see straight and I left with my friend K and walked to a restaurant where I had an argument with a boy I don't even know before getting a taxi to a house party.
I left at 8am and felt sick and tired in the car on the way home.
My New Years Resolutions
  1. Rejoin the gym - this idea works twofold as not only will I hopefully get fit by working out and playing some sort of sport (I'm thinking tennis) it will also keep me away from pubs/nightclubs and open new doors for me meeting interesting and exciting potential husbands.
  2. Quit smoking. I have smoked on and off (more on) for nearly ten years now which I guess is actually very, very bad. I fear not only what's going on inside but also the skin factor... I won't stay all wrinkle free forever and I don't want to look like my aunt....seriously....
  3. QUIT BINGE DRINKING. Or you know what, just drinking in general.

I am ashamed to say that I lasted the grand total of one day on these last two resolutions and I haven't even joined the gym. On Saturday 2nd I went out like I do every Saturday and drank to excessive amounts, made a complete idiot out of myself, staggered home in the cold nearly falling on the ice and woke up still very, very drunk on the Sunday and threw up once I got to my parents house and tried to eat something. I did this again on Tuesday - but to the rather random effect that I only had three drinks which turned out to be cheap vodka doubles. I woke up on Wednesday morning, was sick, called work and lied to say I was stuck in the snow and couldn't make it in for a few hours. Went back to bed. Woke at twelve and ate a whole packet of biscuits to stop me vomming again.

It has to end. I have to put the effort in.

Let's see how I fair tomorrow....

No comments: